Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA)
If you have been in a car accident, you have been through a traumatic event – physically and emotionally. You may be experiencing a myriad of symptoms associated with whiplash injuries including feeling stiff and achy everywhere, feeling like you can’t lift your head off of the pillow, neck pain and stiffness, headache, foggy headed, pain in your torso and ribcage, and low back pain. You may also find yourself irritable, jumpy, quick to tears or afraid to get back in your car.
These are all common and normal symptoms of whiplash injuries. It has been found that the sooner you treat your injuries and trauma, the better and quicker your recovery.
The combination of Craniosacral Therapy and Manual Therapies (Orthopedic Massage, Neuromuscular Therapy, Deep Tissue Massage, and Visceral Manipulation) can be beneficial in your healing process.
Craniosacral Therapy helps to “take the shock” out of the body and helps to calm down the nervous system which is now in high alert post car accident. When the body is able to move from sympathetic (fight or flight) to parasympathetic (rest and digest) nervous system tone, the conditions for healing are optimal.
Manual Therapies help to increase circulation, lymphatic flow, and reduce inflammation. They can help scar tissue be more mobile and helps the joints come back to a more flexible and fluid state.
If you were injured in a auto accident in Oregon, expenses for your massage and craniosacral treatments are billable directly to your auto insurance (not your health insurance) for 12 months (PIP – Personal Injury Protection). Since it is important for you to focus your energies on your healing, I conveniently handle the billing of your Auto Insurance for you.
I am happy to bill the following insurance companies: Country Financial, Geico, State Farm, Progressive. Ask me about your insurance company if you do not see it on this list.
How to make sure my services are covered:
Contact your insurance company to make sure that your benefits have not been exhausted.
Please bring the following to your first appointment:
- Your prescription for Therapeutic Massage or Neuromuscular Therapy from your physician (Emergency Room MD, Primary Care Physician, Chiropractor, Acupuncturist, etc). If you do not have one you can always call their office and make a request.
- Ideally your prescription should read like this: On your doctor’s letterhead. I am referring ____ (your name) for neuromuscular therapy, (or massage therapy or myofascial release) from Regina Callahan for injuries sustained in MVA ___ (date of motor vehicle accident) for ___ (number of sessions – typically 6-8). Diagnosis codes: (these are those odd letters and numbers such as M99.02 or M54.2)
- Make sure the physician adds the “Diagnosis Code”. I cannot bill without them.
- The name of your auto insurance carrier
- The name of your insurance agent or adjuster that opened your PIP claim
- The phone number of the insurance adjuster
- The policy number
- The claim number
- The date of MVA
Please give me a call 541-390-3191. I am a Licensed Massage Therapist with over 30 years of helping people with chronic pain and injuries. I specialize in MVA injuries just like yours. I look forward to guiding you in your healing process.
Regina Callahan, LMT (OR license #14765)